Joining a Zoom test meeting
Prepare for upcoming Zoom meetings by setting up a Zoom test call. Within your test meeting, you have the ability to check your internet connection, familiarize yourself with Zoom's video conferencing features, and adjust your audio and video before joining the meeting.
If you don't have time before joining, you can also test your video or audio while in a Zoom meeting.
Note: If you are using the Zoom mobile app, you can visit http://zoom.us/test to join a test meeting, then follow the instructions to test your video or audio.
How to create a test video call
- Open the Join Meeting Test page in a tab or window.
- Click Join to launch Zoom.
You will be redirected to launch the test meeting:
The test meeting will launch.
- If you have the Zoom desktop client installed on your computer, click Open Zoom Meetings to launch Zoom.
- If you don't have the Zoom desktop client installed on your computer, click Download Now to download, install, and then run Zoom.
- If you cannot download or run the Zoom desktop client on your computer, click Join from Your Browser.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to join the meeting and test your video, audio, and microphone. Once the test is over, you will join the test meeting as a participant and can use it to familiarize yourself with the meeting participant controls available to you.
Note: If you're having trouble seeing or hearing yourself or the ringtone, learn how to troubleshoot common audio and video issues.