Customizing webinar registration
You can customize the registration process for webinars, such as approving attendees, enabling email notifications for registrations, adding a tracking pixel, and adding registration questions.
You can also customize the look of your registration page with branding or track traffic to your registration page by setting up source tracking. If using manual approval, you will need to manage your registrants and may need to resend email confirmations.
This article covers:
Prerequisites for customizing webinar registration
How to manage Registration Settings
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation menu, click Webinars.
- Click the topic of the webinar that you want to customize.
- Scroll down to the Invitations tab.
- In the Registration Settings section, click Edit on the right side.
The Registration window will appear.
- In the Registration window, click the Registration tab.
You'll have access to the following registration options:
- In the Registration section, choose if registration and payment are required:
Required: If Registration is enabled, attendees will be required to complete a form before they can join the webinar. If this option is unchecked, attendees can join by entering their names and email addresses when they visit the webinar URL at the time of the webinar.
Charge Registration fee through PayPal: After checking this, you can set how many registrants will be charged and confirm the paid to email address. This must be first configured by an account admin.
- In the Approval section, choose the type of approval process:
Automatically Approve: Users will have to register for the Webinar in advance and will be given options to join directly after. The host can deny attendees after they have registered.
Manually Approve: Users will have to register for the webinar in advance and will only be given options to join after the host approves their registration.
- In the Notification section, choose if you would like to receive email notifications:
Send an email to host when someone registers: Check this option if you want to receive an email when someone registers for your webinar. Attendees will receive an email when you approve their registration.
- In the Other options section, configure other webinar registration options:
Restrict number of registrants: Check this option to restrict the number of people who can register for the webinar. Once the webinar has the specified number of registrants, anyone who tries to register will be notified that the webinar is at capacity.
Allow attendees to join from multiple devices: Check this option to allow webinar attendees to be able to join from multiple devices, such as computers and phones.
Show join info on registration confirmation page: The join info is displayed on the confirmation web page if the user registers less than 60 minutes before the meeting starts or if the meeting is already in progress. Displaying this info means that the user can join the session without verifying that the email address used to register belongs to them.
Show social share buttons on registration page: Check this to show Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and email share buttons on your registration page for easy sharing.
- In the Tracking Pixel section, configure a webinar tracking pixel (for example, Facebook tracking pixel) to keep track of how many users visit your registration page and successfully complete registration.
Note: To use this feature, your admin must enable it.
Add to registration page (Optional): Enter the URL of your tracking pixel(s) for visits to your registration page.
Add to registration successful page (Optional): Enter the URL of your tracking pixel(s) for visits to your registration successful page.
- Click Save All.
Note: When the host or webinar organizer edits or changes the registration fields under the Questions and Custom Questions tab, registrants are required to re-register before attending the webinar.
- In the Registration window, click the Questions tab.
- Select the Registration Fields check boxes that you would like to include on your registration page.
- (Optional) Select the Required check box if you want to make that field required so that users will be unable to submit the form unless this field is completed.
- Click Save All.
- Name and email address are always required.
- Some fields like Country/Region and State/Province will appear as dropdown menus for attendees.
Custom Questions tab
Note: When the host or webinar organizer edits or changes the registration fields under the Questions and Custom Questions tabs, registrants are required to re-register before attending the webinar.
- In the Registration window, click the Custom Questions tab to add questions to your registration page.
- Click New Question to add a question.
- Choose the type of question: Short answer, Single answer, or Multiple answers.
- Check whether the question is required.
- Enter the question.
- For single answer or multiple answer questions, enter the answer options.
- Click Create. Repeat the above steps to create more custom questions.
- Click Save All to save your customized registration.