Using the Workday for Team Chat App
The Workday app for Team Chat allows users to easily submit time off requests, view their time off balance, and look up a coworker in the directory, all from within a Team Chat channel.
This article covers:
Prerequisites for using the Workday App
- A Zoom account
- Zoom desktop client
- Windows: version 5.13.0 or higher
- macOS: version 5.13.0 or higher
How to install from the Zoom App Marketplace
To install the app manually:
- Sign in to the Zoom App Marketplace.
- Search for Workday.
- Click Add.
- Review the requested permissions and click Authorize.
Once installed, the app is displayed under the Apps section of the Zoom desktop client.
Note: The Workday App can be installed, but before users can connect their Workday accounts, an Admin with Integration and Security admin-access must perform initial configuration steps within Workday.
How to connect the Team Chat App to your Workday account
- Sign in to the desktop client.
- Click the Team Chat tab .
- At the bottom of the left chat panel, find the Apps section.
- Select Workday.
You will see a welcome message from the App.
- Click Connect.
- Sign in to your Workday account.
How to use the Workday App
Slash commands for the Workday App
Once installed, the Workday app can be used from any Team Chat channel. The following slash commands are available in any 1:1, group chat, or chat channel:
Enter /workday connect to connect to your Workday account.
Enter /workday help to view the help menu.
Enter /workday lookup to find a coworker.
/workday request time off
Enter /workday request time off to submit a request for time off. Managers will see the request on their end (if also using the Workday app) and can approve or deny the request.
/workday view time off
Enter /workday view time off to view your time off balance.
Enter /workday holidays to view your company’s holiday calendar.
Enter /workday disconnect to disconnect your Workday account.
Birthday and work anniversary notifications
Employees and their managers are sent a notification in the Workday app in Team Chat on their work anniversary or birthday. Managers are notified 7 days ahead of the upcoming date, as well as on the date of the birthday or anniversary.
How to uninstall from the App Marketplace
- Log in to the App Marketplace web portal.
- Click Manage and then click Added Apps.
- Next to the Workday, click Remove.
- This app has access to the following information on Zoom:
- View all groups subscribed to by a Zoom user under the Zoom account.
- View information of a Zoom user under the Zoom account.
- This chat app has the following permissions on Zoom:
- This chat app can send chat messages only visible to you in a chat or channel, or to a Zoom user under the Zoom account.
- This chat app sends notifications to Zoom users.
- Communications between this chat app and Zoom/Workday are encrypted:
- This chat app stores access credentials in the local data store:
- Workday API tokens and Zoom OAuth credentials (both admin-level only) are stored in an encrypted database.