Nomadic emergency services process
These steps provide a high-level process overview if you enable nomadic emergency services with bootstrap mode and personal locations.
Note: See the nomadic emergency services article for specific setup instructions.
- When a phone user signs in to the desktop client for the first time after you enable nomadic emergency services with bootstrap mode and personal locations, the desktop client will prompt the phone user to enable location permission.
- When Zoom Phone detects a network change (IP or MAC address) that the user hasn't previously reported, Zoom Phone will prompt the user to confirm or update their emergency address:
Desktop client: If the network change is related to the desktop client, the phone user will see the prompt directly in the desktop client.
Desk phone: If the network change is related to a desk phone, the phone user will receive an email notification that will redirect them to their phone settings in the web portal.
- Zoom Phone will attempt to associate the phone user's network data with an existing company or personal location.
Detectable location: If the network data is associated with an existing location, the prompt will allow the phone user to confirm the detected emergency address, or update it. If the phone user confirm the address, they will be redirected to the web portal to select a location for this address. The address will be associated with the location.
Undetectable location: If the new network data is not associated with an existing location, the prompt will ask the phone user to add an emergency address.
- When updating or adding their emergency address, users will be able to:
- Select a company location added to their site
- Add a new emergency address as a company location
- Select a saved personal location
- Add a new emergency address as a personal location
- If the phone user does either of the first two options, you (and any specified email recipients) will receive an email notification to review and approve pending data for company locations. Sign in to the Zoom web portal to review and pending company location data. Once approved, the location will be automatically added as a company location.