Reserving other Zoom Rooms with a scheduling display
If your organization has more than one Zoom Room, you can allow your users to reserve any available Zoom Room from a scheduling display. To configure this option you will need to upload a floor map to the Zoom web portal. Once this is done, you can designate the areas on the floor map that match the locations of your Zoom Rooms. This will allow users to view the floor map and reserve these Zoom Rooms when they use a scheduling display.
This article covers:
Prerequisites for reserving other Zoom Rooms with a scheduling display
How to add a floor map
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal as an admin with the privilege to edit account settings.
- In the navigation menu, click Room Management then Zoom Rooms.
- Click the Floors tab.
- Next to the floor you want to add a floor map to, click Edit.
- Click the Workspace tab.
- Click Add Floor Map.
- Select an image to use as your floor map, then upload it.
Note: The image can be a .JPG or .PNG and cannot exceed 5MB.
- Click and drag the room(s) listed on the left to the corresponding area on the floor map.
A blue square will appear on the page.
Note: Zoom Rooms must be part of the location hierarchy to appear on this list.
- (Optional) Change the size of the blue square by clicking the image's white edges and dragging your cursor across the screen.
You can also click the icons below to change the shape to a circle, draw the shape yourself or change the shape back to a square.
- Click the checkmark to save your work or the X icon to discard it.
- Click Close to return to the previous page.
How to reserve Zoom Rooms
- Tap Reserve on your Zoom Rooms scheduling display.
- Tap Switch Room.
- Use the floor map to locate another available room and tap the room's location on the screen to begin the reservation process.
- If you would like to reserve a room that is not displayed on the floor map, tap the floor name at the top of the scheduling display to change your selection between floors, buildings, or to display all rooms on your campus.
- Tap the Reserve button to start the scheduling process.