Managing Zoom Mesh parents and children
While Zoom Mesh will automatically assign Mesh Parents and Children automatically based on optimization and location configurations, admins can also enforce specific devices as parents or children. This can be useful if there are specific devices that admins want to always be Mesh Parents or devices they want to be excluded from being a Mesh Parent for stability reasons.
Prerequisites for managing Zoom Mesh parents and children
- Account owner or admin privileges
Zoom Mesh enabled for the account
- Zoom desktop client
- Windows: 5.13.0 or higher
- macOS: 5.13.0 or higher
- Linux: 5.13.0 or higher
- Zoom mobile app
- Android: 5.13.0 or higher
- iOS: 5.13.0 or higher
How to manage Zoom Mesh children and parents
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal as an admin.
- In the navigation menu, click Advanced then Zoom Mesh.
- Click the Devices tab.
- Devices that have been assigned as a parent or child during a webinar or event will be displayed.
Note: A device will not be displayed unless it has joined a webinar or event with Mesh enabled, as an attendee.
- Next to the desired device, click the More button.
Note: When searching for a specific device, admins can search using the Device Name, or filter the list by Location or designated Mesh Type.
- In the menu, select the assigned behavior (Mesh Type) for the device:
Enforce Mesh Parent: Selecting this option forces the device’s Zoom Client to be designated as a Mesh Parent when joining a webinar or event.
Enforce Parent Exclusion: Selecting this option excludes the device’s Zoom Client from being designated as a Mesh Parent when joining a webinar or event.
Reset to System Default: Selecting this option reverts the Mesh Parent policy for the device’s Zoom Client to the default behavior. The device will be designated as a Mesh Parent or Mesh Child based on the Mesh optimization options.