Bypassing passcode when joining a meeting
When a Zoom Room joins a scheduled meeting on its meeting list, users are not required to manually enter the meeting passcode. The Zoom Rooms setting, Bypass the passcode when joining meetings from meeting list, simplifies the process of allowing the room to join its scheduled meeting with quicker access. Additionally, the meeting passcode must be included in the meeting invitation that is sent to the room's calendar.
Account owners and admins may prefer to disable this feature if they want to include an additional security measure and require users to manually enter the meeting passcode.
Prerequisites for passcode bypass when joining meetings from meetings list
- Account owner or admin privileges
- Zoom Rooms for Conference Room
- PC: 4.5.0 or higher
- macOS: 4.5.0 or higher
- Appliances: 4.5.0 or higher
- Zoom Rooms Controller
- Android: 4.5.0 or higher
- iOS: 4.5.0 or higher
How to enable or disable Bypass the passcode when joining meetings from meeting list
To enable or disable Bypass the passcode when joining meetings from meeting list for all users in the account:
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal as an admin with the privilege to edit account settings.
- In the navigation panel, click Account Management then Account Settings.
- Click the Meeting tab.
- Under Schedule Meeting, click the Bypass the passcode when joining meetings from meeting list toggle to enable or disable it.
- If a verification dialog displays, click Enable or Disable to verify the change.
- (Optional) If you want to make this setting mandatory for all users in your account, click the lock icon , and then click Lock to confirm the setting.