The Zoom Phone Appliance unifies Zoom Phone and Zoom Rooms capabilities into a simple and familiar user interface. The left window is the familiar Zoom menu with Home, Keypad, History, Voicemail, Contacts, and More. The Zoom Phone Lines window will always stay in view when navigating the menu options.
This article covers:
How to use the Home menu
The Home menu will bring up Zoom Meeting options for starting, joining, and displaying upcoming meetings.
- With calendar integration enabled for the user, the Home menu will display any upcoming Zoom meetings with one-click Join buttons.
- Tap the Meet button to start a dynamic Zoom Meeting. Tap the down arrow to start a personal meeting.
- Select the + Join button to manually enter in Meeting ID or Personal Meeting Name to join.
How to use the Zoom Phone Lines and Keypad menu
The Lines and Keypad menu provides access to Zoom Phone number dialing, number and contact searching capabilities.
- On the right hand Lines window, all Zoom Phone lines, call queues, shared line groups configured for the user will be displayed. Tapping a primary line will allow you to set Presence status: Available, Away, and Do not disturb
- From the keypad menu, tap the upper left Number field or Keyboard icon to search for a number or contact name.
- Tap the Caller ID to choose or hide the caller ID for outbound calls.
How to use the History menu
The History menu will display all missed, outgoing, incoming call history with access to contact information, date and time of calls.
- Tap All History to filter on Missed, Outgoing, and Incoming calls.
- Tapping a call history entry will bring up the contact card, date/time of the call, the call duration, current presence, and the Meet and Call options.
How to use the Voicemail menu
The Voicemail menu provides voicemail history and access to playback and call functions. Voicemail transcription is not currently available.
- Tap the Voicemail entry for playback and call functions.
Note: It can take up to 30 seconds for a voicemail to play from a Zoom Phone Appliance.
How to use the Contacts menu
Zoom contacts are synced across all devices and clients including Zoom Phone appliance. Contacts menu displays People and Zoom Rooms contact cards.
- Search for contacts by name or number.
- Choose a contact to bring up the contact's card, where you can access Meet and Call buttons.
How to use the Zoom Phone Appliance for Meetings
The Zoom Phone appliance brings the Zoom Room meetings experience to the phone. All the familiar Zoom capabilities of starting/joining a meeting, in-meeting participant and host controls, layout options, whiteboard, and security controls are available on the Zoom Phone appliance.
- Tap on Meet or Join to start/join a Zoom meeting. With a calendar integration enabled, prescheduled Zoom meetings will appear at the meeting time and provide button to Start.
- Once in a meeting:
- Access all the familiar in-meeting controls, such as Mute/Unmute, Start/Stop Video.
- Share a screen from the Zoom App or any web browser. Multiple participants can share simultaneously if needed. There are also advanced sharing options to access additional sharing controls and optimize a share for full screen video.
- Choose between Speaker, Thumbnail and Gallery view layouts.
- Share a live whiteboard with your meeting participants.
- Access Security controls in the More menu.
Manage Participants in the More menu. Access Rename, Invite, Mute/Unmute All, Lock, Mute Participants On Entry, and additional participant controls.
- Access the More menu to view additional controls for Recording, Chat, Settings, and Volume controls.
How to use the Zoom Phone Appliance for Phone Calls
The Zoom Phone appliance combines all the capabilities of Zoom Phone along with the features you would expect from a multiline phone to quickly access and call contacts, phone numbers, and perform mid-call activity like mute, hold, conference, transfer, record. You can also easily change the call to a Zoom meeting.
- Use the Keypad or Contacts to quickly search for and call a contact or phone number.
- During a call:
- Access the Keypad (DTMF) for the option to Hold, Transfer, Add Call. Tap More for the Mute/Unmute, Audio Settings, Record, and Meet (Switch to a Meeting) options.
- Tap Transfer for the Blind Transfer, Warm Transfer, and Transfer to Voicemail options.
- Switch between Hand-set, Head-set, or Speakers using the phone buttons or tap More then tap Audio.
- Tap More then tap Meet to change the Zoom Phone call to a Zoom Meeting
How to change the Zoom Phone Appliance settings
Web portal settings
Zoom Phone Appliances provides many of the features and settings available for Zoom for Home.
- Sign in to https://zoom.us to access your profile page.
- Click Settings, then Collaboration Devices. Click Edit next to the Zoom Phone Appliance device.
- From tabs displayed, you can customize:
- Room Name
- Background Image
- Device management
- Meeting Reminders
- Hide Self-View
- Show non-video participants
- Gallery View
- In-meeting video
- Content views
- Alert settings
- Digital Signage
You can also configure certain settings on the Zoom Phone appliance itself.
- Tap More, then Settings to access General, Microphone, Speaker, Camera, and Phone settings.
Note: Features such as Forward Calls and Location Permission are listed under Phone.
- Tap General to view software settings, settings for Screen Lock (with passcode), additional System Settings, Send Problem Report , Reboot, and Sign Out options.
- Tap System Settings to view vendor specific system settings for the desk phone such as Display preferences, Accessibility, Power Saving, Bluetooth, Wifi settings.
- Tap Microphone, Speaker, or Camera to adjust default level settings or perform tests.
- Tap Phone to display Direct, Company, Caller ID phone numbers and Area code. Enable Hide incoming calls while in a meeting if required.