This article covers common questions and issues about Zoom Phone Yealink devices. Some steps require admin access to the device. Contact your Zoom Phone admin if you need help with troubleshooting.
This article covers:
Frequently asked questions
How do I sign in to the device's web interface?
Note: Make sure the Zoom Phone admin has enable web interfaces for devices in the account-level device settings.
See the Yealink assisted provisioning guide to learn how to obtain the device's IP address and access its web interface.
How do I export the system log?
You can provide the support team with logs and/or configuration files can help them troubleshoot issues you may be having. See the guide about exporting logs and configuration files.
How do I upgrade firmware?
If you have a Zoom Phone Hardware as a Service (HaaS) device, it will be automatically provisioned to your account and receive firmware updates when connected.
If your device was provisioned using ZTP, it automatically upgrade the firmware.
If you need to manually upgrade the device's firmware, see follow the Yealink factory reset and firmware upgrade guide.
How to I reset the device?
Reset the phone to factory configurations after trying all other troubleshooting suggestions.
Note: All settings will be reset. You will need to re-provision the device after the factory reset.
Follow the Yealink factory reset and firmware upgrade guide for more information.
How can I find the basic information of the device, such as IP address and firmware version?
Press the OK key when the the device is idle to check the basic information, such as IP address and firmware version.
How do I obtain the MAC address of the device when it's not powered on?
You can the MAC address of the device using these methods:
- Ask your supplier for the shipping information sheet which includes MAC addresses according to the corresponding PO (Purchase Order).
- Find the MAC address on the label of the carton box.
- Find the MAC address from the phone’s bar code on the back of the phone.
- Ask your Zoom Phone admin to find the MAC address using the Zoom web portal.
I hear a tone when there is a call on hold? How do I disable it?
By default, the device will play a tone for you every 30 seconds a call is on hold. You can disable it or change the tone interval in the device's web interface:
- Sign in to device's web interface.
- Click the Features tab.
- In the left-side navigation menu, click General Information.
- Change the Play Hold Tone and Play Hold Tone Delay settings.
How do I start a three-way call?
See the Yealink quick start guide for instructions on starting a three-way call.
How to I reboot the device?
You can reboot the device to resync it with the provisioning server.
- Sign in to the device's web interface.
- Click the Settings tab.
- In the left-side navigation menu, click Upgrade.
- Click Reboot to reboot the IP phone.
If you don't have access to the device's web interface, admins can resync devices using the Zoom web portal.
How do I remove the device from Zoom if I want to use it on another service?
If you no longer want to use the device with Zoom Phone, the admin should remove it from the Zoom web portal, then perform a factory reset on the device.
What is my device's administrator password and user password?
The default admin password is set in the Zoom web portal. Ask your Zoom Phone admin for help.
Device has outdated or uncertified firmware
Follow the instructions to provision the device using assisted provisioning.
Screen is blank
- Make sure the phone is properly plugged into a functional AC outlet or a power over Ethernet (PoE) switch.
- If the phone is plugged into a power strip, try to plug it directly into a wall outlet instead.
- If your SIP-T23P/T23G IP phone is powered from PoE, ensure you use a PoE-compliant switch or hub.
“Network unavailable” error
- Make sure the Ethernet cable is plugged into the Internet port on the phone and the Ethernet cable is not loose.
- Make sure the switch or hub in your network is operational.
- Make sure your firewall is configured for Zoom Phone. Contact your Zoom Phone admin for help.
“No service” error
The device's screen displays “No Service” when a SIP account doesn't registers successfully. Contact your Zoom Phone admin for help.
Incorrect time and date
Make sure the Zoom Phone admin has correctly set up the NTP server in the account-level Zoom Phone device settings.
Also make sure you have the correct time zone set in the Zoom web portal.
Device doesn't play dial tone
- Check for any loose connections and that the phone has been installed properly.
- Switch between the handset, headset (if present) and seakerphone to check whether the dial tone works for a different audio device.
- If the dial tone exists on another audio device, connect a different handset or headset to isolate the problem.
Devices doesn't ring
Check the ringer volume on the phone. To adjust the ringer volume, press the Volume key when the phone is on-hook and idle.
Device doesn't receive calls
- Check the SIP registration with your system administrator.
- Check that DND (Do Not Disturb) mode is deactivated on your phone.
- Check that call forward is disabled on the phone.
- Check whether the caller number is stored in your blocked list.
Headset not working
- Make sure the headset model is compatible with your device. Visit the Yealink support site for more information.
- Check that the headset cord is fully connected to the headset jack on the phone.
- Check that the headset mode is activated.
- Check that the headset volume is adjusted to an appropriate level.