Using the Yealink CP960 in a Zoom Room
You can configure a Yealink CP960 to act as a Zoom Rooms controller, microphone, and speaker. Zoom and Yealink have partnered to provide this combined solution by embedding the Zoom Rooms controller software in the Yealink CP960 firmware.
The Yealink CP960 allows you to easily adjust the volume and mute/unmute the microphone. You can also start or join a meeting, start a presentation, and control the camera on the CP960 directly.
This article covers:
Prerequisites for using the Yealink CP960
How to configure on a Windows computer
If you did not purchase a standard Yealink product package and want to convert a PC
to be Zoom Rooms enabled, follow the steps below:
- Download and install the Zoom Rooms application on the PC.
- Download and install the Yealink Plugin for Zoom Rooms on the PC. The plugin simplifies the deployment process by establishing audio and control data with the Zoom Rooms APP.
How to setup a Zoom Room in the Zoom web portal
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation menu, click Room Management then Zoom Rooms.
- Click Add Room.
- Enter the required information:
Room Name: Enter the Room name.
Calendar (optional): If you’ve already linked a calendar service, you can choose the calendar for this room. Note that you can choose the calendar at a later time.
Room Type: Select Zoom Room.
- Click Finish.
How to set up the hardware
- Connect the room display to the Zoom Rooms computer using an HDMI cable.
- Connect the Ethernet cable to the network port on the computer.
- Connect your camera to a USB port on the computer.
- Connect the Ethernet cable to the Yealink CP960. The CP960 receives power over Ethernet
and will boot up automatically once connected.
Note: The CP960 should be in the same LAN with the Zoom Rooms PC.
- Turn on your computer.
- Make note of the pairing code shown on the display and enter the code on the Yealink CP960 touchscreen.
- Sign in to your Zoom Room or enter the activation code.
How to configure a Yealink CP960
If you purchased a CP960 for Zoom Rooms kit with Zoom pre-configured and the CP960 is
displaying the Zoom Rooms pairing interface, pair it using the device's interface.
Note: Ensure that the Yealink Plugin for Zoom Rooms is running on your Zoom Rooms PC.
If you purchased a standalone Yealink CP960 or are using an existing Yealink CP960, you need to
upgrade and provision the CP960 using one of these methods:
Using the Yealink CP960 web interface for a single device
- Download the latest CP960 Zoom Edition firmware (.rom file) from the Yealink support website.
- Visit license.yealink.com.
- Create a user account and then sign in.
- Click Permanent License, then click ZOOM-Single or ZOOM-Bulk.
- Enter the required information to apply for a CP960 Zoom Edition license. Ensure that you enter a valid email address where you will receive the license.
- Obtain the IP address of your CP960 by swiping down from the top of the device's screen and tapping the Status icon.
- Open a browser and visit the CP960 web portal by entering https:// followed by the IP address of the device.
Note: The PC and CP960 must be on the same network.
- Click Settings then click Upgrade. Click Upload File, then select the CP960 Zoom edition firmware you downloaded. After updating, the CP960 will reboot automatically.
- On the web portal, click Security then click License. Click Upload File, then select the license file you received in your email.
Once completed, the pairing screen on the CP960 will appear.
Using the auto provisioning server for multiple devices
You can use the auto provisioning server to upgrade and configure multiple devices. For more information, see the Yealink support website.
Using the Yealink Device Management Platform (YDMP) or Yealink Management Cloud Service (YMCS)
If you have an YDMP or YMCS administrator account, you can use it to configure multiple devices. For more information, see the Yealink support website.