Using the Librato Notifications app
The Librato Notifications app allows you to easily monitor your services via notifications in Zoom Team Chat. Configure this app to send notifications to your desired Zoom Team Chat channels relating to your monitoring configurations. Utilize slash commands to connect and configure Librato with Zoom.
This article covers:
Prerequisite for using the Librato Notifications app
- A Librato account
- Pre-approval of the Librato app in the Zoom Marketplace
Note: If the app is not pre-approved, please contact your Zoom admin.
How to install and configure the Librato Notifications app
Add the app from the Zoom Marketplace
- Login to your Zoom account and navigate to the Zoom Marketplace.
- Search for Librato and click the app.
- If the app is not pre-approved, contact your Zoom admin to approve this app for your account.
- Click Add.
Note: If your admin has installed the Librato app, the app will automatically be installed for you within the client.
Configuring the Librato app
- Sign in to your Zoom client.
- Find the Librato app, type connect (or /librato connect in a specific chat channel), and send the message.
- The app will send a message with a URL, copy this URL and save it for a later step.
- Login to your Librato account and navigate to Settings > Notification Services.
- Click the Webhook service.
- For the service name, enter: Zoom Librato Notifications
- For URL enter the URL from step 3 above.
- Click Save.
- Click Alerts in the left navigation.
- Either create a new alert or edit an existing alert.
- Click the Notification Services tab at the bottom and choose the Zoom Librato app.
- Finish configuring the service and click Create when done.
- Your account should now be configured to send notifications to Zoom Chat.
Using the Librato app
List the available commands: Type help or /librato help in any chat channel to receive a list of available commands.
Connect your Librato account to Zoom: Type connect or /librato connect in your desired chat channel to receive a configuration URL for notifications for this chat channel. Once received follow steps 4-13 in the Configuring the Librato app section above.
List configurations: Type configure or /librato configure in any chat channel to view a list of configurations for your account.
Disconnect your Librato account from Zoom: Type disconnect or /librato disconnect in your desired chat channel to remove the connection to Zoom.
Uninstalling the Librato app
- Login to your Zoom Account and navigate to the Zoom App Marketplace.
- Click Manage, then click Added Apps or search for the Librato app.
- Click the Librato app.
- Click Remove.
- This app has access to the following information on Zoom:
- View channels subscribed to by a Zoom user under the Zoom account.
- View all information of a Zoom user under the Zoom account
- This app has the following permissions on Zoom:
- This app can send a chat message to an IM channel or Zoom user under the Zoom account.
- Communications between this app and Zoom/Librato are encrypted:
- Protocol: TLS 1.2
- Cipher suite: ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256
- Key length: 128 bits
- Perfect Forward secrecy: YES
For additional help, please submit a request to Zoom support.