Requesting a BYOC number port
A BYOC (Bring Your Own Carrier) to native port allows you to move pre-existing BYOC numbers from BYOC to Zoom Phone.
Prerequisites for requesting a BYOC number port
- Account owner or admin privileges
- Zoom Phone license (seperate from BYOC license)
You may need to provide the following information:
- Your account number from your current carrier (if applicable)
- If it is a wireless number, your 4 digit PIN number (required for all wireless ports)
How to request a BYOC number port
- Download and complete the required Letter of Agency (LOA).
- Download and complete the required BYOC Porting Sheet.
Note: If you are porting toll-free numbers, fill out the Toll-Free LOA as well.
- Submit your order and follow the steps below:
- Please select your request type: Select Zoom Phone Number Porting.
- Product: Select your product.
- Email address: Enter your email address and make sure it's accurate.
- Type of issue: Select New Number Port.
- Porting Country: Select the country.
- Porting Number Quantity: Select the respective quantity.
- Description: Make sure the details below are present for a smooth transaction).
- BYOC to Native Port.
- Zoom Phone Account Number.
- Notes relevant to the port (such as target port date or complexities involved).
- Completed and hand-signed LOA.
- Recent telephone bill relating to your porting numbers (should be within the last 3 months).
- BYOC Porting sheet.
- A Zoom team member will review and confirm receipt of the request.
- Zoom Phone and their porting partners will send a request to your previous provider to validate the information on the LOA. If accepted, Zoom and the previous provider will work together to activate the pending port. Once approved, it will be available to you to manage in the Zoom web portal.
- Review common porting errors to minimize delays in the number porting process.