Firmware Update Guidelines
These Guidelines are for the use of our VoIP endpoint firmware management. Please read carefully before proceeding:
- Zoom Phone is not responsible for any malfunctions or potential issues caused by the firmware customizations, or if the end-user does not follow the policies for Zoom Phone VoIP endpoint firmware management rules and requirements.
- Zoom Phone support/ engineering services will not provide support for end user(s) that use their own customize firmware(s).
- Zoom Phone VoIP endpoints’ auto-pulling policy will be applied to the new firmware management. All the automatic upgrades will occur during non-working hours to minimize disruption and to ensure the upgrade process is as resilient as possible.
- The end-user may elect to remain with or use the most previous certified firmware version. In such instances, Zoom Phone Support will provide the following services:
a. Syslog / debug log reviewing;
b. PCAP file reviewing;
c. Root configs checking.
- However, Zoom Phone does not guarantee the resolution of any problems or issues that might arise or have occurred on or as a result of the previous version.
- The end-user acknowledges and agrees that Zoom Phone must enforce the firmware upgrade if the current deployed version has issues/bugs relating to security vulnerabilities or impacting basic call functions.
- The timing and scope of firmware upgrades, including, without limitation, new feature releases, minor bug fixes, or major bug fixes, is highly varied. As a result, there is no fixed time period or set schedule for Zoom Phone to release new firmware.
- Firmware version updates are communicated in Zoom Phone Release notes and Zoom Phone support pages. The Zoom Phone Web Portal lists the current version provisioned for the Phone Device.
- Zoom Phone will only support the current version and a maximum of two (2) prior versions for each Vendor/Model of our IP Phone.