Manually adding devices to ABM
iPads can be enrolled in ABM (Apple Business Manager) or ASM (Apple School Manager) if they are DEP (Device Enrollment Program) devices, meaning that they were purchased at Apple or an Apple authorized reseller. Once a device is enrolled in Apple Business Manager, you can manage these devices from the Zoom web portal.
Prerequisites for manually adding devices to ABM
- ABM (Apple Business Manager) or ASM (Apple School Manager) configured
- Device part of the Device Enrollment Program (DEP)
How to manually add devices to ABM
- Download the Apple Configurator 2.
- Plug in your device and click Prepare in Apple Configurator 2.
- Select Manual Configuration.
- Check Add to Device Enrollment Program and Activate and complete enrollment.
Note: if you check Activate and complete enrollment, the device will enroll in MDM but it will not be initially treated as an Automated Enrollment (DEP-enrolled) device.
If you are creating a new server:
- Give the enrollment a name and copy the group enrollment account url found on the enrollment page of the Zoom web portal. Select the Apple tab then click Manual Enrollment. Look for the url below the QR code.
Note: If an error code appears “Unable to verify the server’s enrollment URL.”, click Next
- See certificates and click Next Select New Server if you have not created a server before, otherwise Choose a Server and click Next.
- Select New Organization and click Next if you have not created an organization before, otherwise Choose an Organization
If you created a new organization:
- Enter your credentials from ABM/ASM (same Apple ID and password you use to login).
- Generate a new supervision identity.
- Select which setup screens you want to be shown and click Next.
- (Optional): Choose Network Profile and click Next.
- No credentials are needed for Automated Enrollment Credentials, click Prepare.
- Click Erase to prepare your device.
- Once your device reboots and connects to the Network, you will see a Remote Configuration Screen, click Next.
You should see a black screen “Resetting iPad” and the device will reboot once more.
- Once you complete the setup screens your device will automatically download and launch the Zoom Rooms controller app within a few minutes of the home screen.