Understanding meeting participant limit
The maximum number of participants in your meeting depends on your Zoom plan/account type and user type.
This article covers
Account types and participant limit
By default, these are the meeting participant limit per account type:
Basic (free or free with credit card): 100 participants
Pro: 100 participants
Business: 300 participants
Enterprise: 500 participants
- (Optional) Add-ons: 500 participants ; 1,000 Participants
- A basic user within a Business plan or above inherits the account's default meeting capacity, such as a Business account's default meeting capacity of 300.
- The meeting participant limit can be increased by purchasing a license (for free/basic accounts), upgrading the current plan, or purchasing a large meeting add-on.
- Meeting capacity from multiple large meeting add-ons cannot be combined.
- If end-to-end encryption is enabled for a meeting, participants are limited to 200 regardless of the account's default capacity and large meeting add-on.
- Once a meeting reach capacity, joining participants will get a dialog box stating the meeting has reached the maximum number of allowed participants and joining is only possible if some participants leave.
How to find your meeting participant limit
If you are not sure of your account and user type, you can find what your meeting participant limit is by following these steps:
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation panel, click Profile.
- Scroll down to the Account section where the number of meeting participants is displayed.