Integrating Zoom Team Chat with Mio
Integrate your Zoom account with Mio Chat Interoperability, a universal messaging solution that allows internal teams to chat across platforms between Zoom Team Chat and Slack, Microsoft Teams, and WebEx, so that everyone can chat with each other from their preferred platform. For more information, refer to Mio’s Help Center.
Note: This integration is only available to internal contacts within the same company; it does not support chat interoperability with external contacts.
This article covers:
Prerequisites for the Mio Chat Interoperability integration
- Pro, Business, or Enterprise account
- Account owner or admin privileges to install and set up Mio
- Users have latest Mio app installed by their account admin
- Mio licenses (contact Sales)
- Licensed Zoom user
- Zoom desktop client for Windows, macOS, or Linux: Global minimum version or higher
- Zoom mobile app for Android or iOS: Global minimum version or higher
- Users must sign in again after updating their Zoom client. If users begin using Mio without updating, they may encounter user interface and local data storage issues.
- Mio is currently only available for US customers.
How to enable and set up Mio on your Zoom account
Account owners and admins must set up Mio on their Zoom account for their users. As part of setting up Mio, you must configure the following settings in the Zoom web portal:
- Enable Zoom Cloud storage
Note: Mio will not operate with third-party non-Zoom Team Chat cloud storage solutions such as Box or SharePoint.
- Enable Allow bots to participate in chat and channels
- Disable advanced chat encryption
For detailed instructions on how to install and set up the Mio app, refer to Mio’s Help Center.
How to get Mio integration support
If you are having issues with your Mio integration, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Describe the issue*:
- When the issue was discovered*:
- Contact email address*:
- Contact phone number:
- Email login affected:
- Usernames affected*:
- Channel name(s)*:
- Steps to reproduce the issue: