Using Sofort as a Zoom payment method
Zoom accepts Sofort as a payment method for customers who meet the eligibility criteria.
Note: Starting July 17, 2023, certain account owners and admins will notice a dedicated Plans and Billing section within their ADMIN menu.
This article covers:
Prerequisites for paying with Sofort
- One of the following:
- Customer making an active (net-new) purchase through one of the following scenarios:
- Existing free Zoom account upgrading to a paid Zoom account
- Existing free Zoom account resubscribing to a paid Zoom account (has an existing payment method on file)
- New Zoom customer purchasing an account
- Customer with existing Sofort payment method purchasing an account upgrade
- Transacting in Euro currency
- Billing address in one of the following countries:
Note: Online purchase of Cloud Recording, Zoom Phone, Audio Conferencing, and Conference Room Connector is not currently supported with this payment method.
How to use Sofort as your Zoom payment method
- Start your purchase from the Zoom Plans and Pricing page and follow the instructions on screen.
- Once you reach the payment step, in the Payment Method section, click SOFORT.
- Click Place Order.
You will be directed to confirm your email. By default, the same email for your Zoom account is automatically populated, but you can change it. This email will receive payment method notifications.
- Confirm the email and click Continue.
You will be redirected to your bank account to authorize the transaction.
- Authorize the transaction.
Note: Sofort payments take approximately 1 to 13 days to process. You will be notified by email when payment is received and account setup is complete.
Once you receive confirmation, you can review your subscription and print your invoice after placing your order.
How to pay for invoices and account upgrades with Sofort
To pay your invoices, make sure Sofort is your payment method as stated in the How to use Sofort as your Zoom payment method section, then your payment method will automatically be used without any further action needed.
If you used Sofort as your payment method when purchasing a Zoom account, you can also purchase upgrades to your account using Sofort. However, you cannot change your payment method to Sofort through the Zoom web portal if your plan was originally purchased using a different payment method.