Using the Adobe Creative Cloud app for Team Chat
The Zoom app for Adobe Creative Cloud sends Adobe Creative Cloud notifications to Zoom Team Chat channels.
This article covers:
Prerequisites for using the Zoom app for Creative Cloud
- Zoom account
- A verified Adobe Creative Cloud account
- Pre-approval of the Adobe Creative Cloud app in the Zoom Marketplace
- If the app is not pre-approved, contact your Zoom admin.
- For the Mac Client, this app will only work for version 4.6.2 and up.
How to add and configure
Add the app from Zoom Marketplace
- Login to your Zoom account as an Administrator, and navigate to the Zoom Marketplace.
- Search for Adobe Creative Cloud and click on the app.
- If the app is not pre-approved, set the app to be pre-approved.
- Click Add, confirm the app permissions, and choose Authorize.
- You will see a success page, and the Zoom app for Adobe Creative Cloud will be added and available for all users in the Zoom account. The Adobe Creative Cloud app will appear under the APPS section of the Zoom client.
- The next step is to authorize your Adobe Creative Cloud account with Zoom.
Connect and configure the Adobe Creative Cloud app
- After adding the Adobe Creative Cloud app from the Zoom Marketplace, navigate to the 1:1 Adobe Creative Cloud app channel in the Zoom chat client.
- Enter the connect command.
- The Adobe Creative Cloud app will respond with a link to authenticate your account with Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Click the link to Authorize to Adobe Creative Cloud.
- On successful authorization, you will see a success web page, and a success message in Zoom chat.
- Any user can then set up notifications to a chat channel in Zoom IM using the configure command.
Using the chat commands
From a group channel, type /acc before the command
Type help to receive a list of all the commands for the Adobe Creative Cloud app.
- Issue the configure command to configure Adobe Creative Cloud notifications to Zoom chat channels.
- Click on the link to bring up the notification config web page.
Once you have configured the Zoom chat channels, those channels will receive notifications. You can subscribe to the following events for notification: * Asset Created: Includes Asset Name, path, and Format. * Asset Updated: Includes Asset Name, path, and Format. Triggered when the Updated menu item is used on an asset. * Asset Deleted: Includes Asset Name, format. Only triggered when the asset is permanently deleted. You can permanently delete an asset by first deleting the asset, then navigating to the Deleted directory, and permanently deleting the asset. * Directory Created: Includes Directory Name and Path.
Notifications appear in the Zoom client a few seconds after the event happens on Adobe Creative Cloud. An example notification for an asset created appears like this:
- Issue the meet command to create an instant Zoom meeting, and get a Zoom meeting join link.
- The meeting will appear in the list of scheduled meetings under the Meetings tab of your Zoom Client.
Issue the disconnect command to disconnect your Zoom account from Adobe Creative Cloud.
How to remove the Adobe Creative Cloud app
- Login to your Zoom account and navigate to the Zoom Marketplace.
- Search for Adobe Creative Cloud
- Click the app or navigate by clicking Manage then Added Apps.
- Next to Adobe Creative Cloud, click Remove.
- Confirm the dialogue and click Remove.
For additional help or technical support, submit a request to Zoom Support.
- This app has access to the following information on Zoom:
- View channels subscribed to by a Zoom user under the Zoom account.
- View existing meeting details for a Zoom user under the Zoom account.
- View all information of a Zoom user under the Zoom account.
- This app has the following permissions on Zoom:
- Send a chat message to an IM channel or Zoom user under the Zoom account.
- Create a Zoom meeting on behalf of any Zoom user under the Zoom account.
- This app has access to the following information on Adobe Creative Cloud:
- Read Creative cloud files and folder information.
- Data Accessed: Full response from endpoints
- Data Displayed: Data about Assets and Directories
- Data stored in DB: Access Token, Refresh Token
- Data send by Adobe to the app: Full response from endpoints
- This app has the following scope permissions on Adobe Creative Cloud: READ Access: openid, creative_sdk
- Communications between this app and Zoom/Adobe Creative Cloud are encrypted:
- Protocol: TLS 1.2
- Cipher suite: ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256
- Key length: 128 bits
- Perfect Forward secrecy: YES
- This app stores access credentials in the local data store:
- Adobe Creative Cloud and Zoom OAuth credentials (admin-level and user-level) are stored in an encrypted database.