Setting up an appliance as a common area phone
Account owners and admins can set up a Zoom Phone Appliance as a common area phone to allow an unassigned phone to be used by anyone in a shared location.
Prerequisites for setting up an appliance as a common area phone
How to set up an appliance as a common area phone
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation menu, click Phone System Management then Users & Rooms.
- Click the Common Areas tab.
- Click Add and enter the following information:
Site (only visible if you have multiple sites): Select the site you want the common area phone to belong to.
Display Name: Enter a display name to identify the common area phone.
Extension Number: Enter an extension number to assign.
Package: Assign an outbound calling package.
Country/Region: Select a country/region.
Time Zone: Select a time zone for your common area.
- (Optional) Specify a template to be assigned to the Common Area: Select this option if you desire to create a template.
- Click Save.
- In the navigation menu, click Device Management then Device List.
- On the far right of the device you wish to assign to the common area phone, click Edit.
- In the Profile tab, click Assign.
- In the drop-down, select Common Area, then enter the name of the common area.
- Click Add.
The phone will automatically reboot.
- (Optional) Under the Profile tab, to the right of Assigned to, click the x to the right of the common area to remove the device from the extension.