Release notes for September 17, 2023
Changes to existing features
Customize Zoom Phone Regions
Customize Zoom Phone Regions moved from Account Management > Account Profile to Account Settings > General.
ATA port management
The Analog Telephone Adapter admin workflow has been updated. Account owners and admins can manage their ATA port assignments up and down the Ports and Positions table without the system automatically rearranging the port assignment once the first user/common area has been assigned to a device.
New and enhanced features
ATA default emergency address
Account owners and admins can synchronize their users or common areas as the default emergency addresses with the assigned port on their ATAs. Nomadic emergency services are not supported. Only US and Canada default emergency address is supported at this time. The feature will be released approximately 1 week later than the monthly release cycle due to the synchronization of backend services.
Device aging verification
Account owners and admins must ensure that any devices they add are successfully provisioned and obtain Zoom Phone service within 90 days. Failure to successfully provision a device will result in a flag appearing in the Zoom web portal, and an email notification will be sent to owners/admins at the 60-day mark. If no action is taken within this 60-day period, the devices will be automatically removed from the account 90 days after their initial addition. The email notification will include a CSV file for documentation purposes, allowing the admin to easily reimport the device(s) if desired. The countdown for removal will start on October 1, 2023.
Using SMS in the Microsoft Dynamics integration
Account owners and admins have the capability to grant their users the ability to exchange SMS messages via the Zoom Phone softphone within the framework of the Microsoft Dynamics integration. This facilitates seamless reference to customer conversations whenever required, and supports images, file attachments, and group discussions. SMS content is automatically archived, and users also have the option to manually synchronize and save conversations if necessary.
Enhancement for Wallboard
Wallboard has been enhanced, enabling account owners and admins to generate a wallboard widget dedicated to identifying source reports related to user performance during calls. Admins can access a comprehensive view of user performance metrics, encompassing summary, overview, and leaderboards. The overview includes data such as missed calls, calls answered by others, and hold time. The filter can be applied to refine the data by specific sites and/or groups.
IP Phone network location restrictions
Account owners and admins can define a policy at the account, site, and device level to detect network changes in an IP phone. Admins have the following options:
If a device is blocked, the device will not receive phone services, and admins will receive an alert notifying them of this change.
- Default: Admins do not need to define a policy manually, instead, the system will automatically identify and restrict the utilization of an IP phone device if a modification in IP address is detected. Admins will need to manually remove the block from the device and then re-register it.
- Defined IP address per location: Admins can define the network IP address to identify the location of their IP phone devices. In the event a device of an IP address outside of that network, it will be blocked and admins will need to manually remove the block from the device and then re-register it.
- Exclusion: Admins can define IP addresses that can be excluded for location detection.
Export report and dashboard data in PDF format
Account owners and admins can now export PDF format of their reports and dashboards for their Call Queue historical and Quality of Service data. This functionality facilitates seamless data sharing among stakeholders.
Incoming call focus
Users have the choice to opt for either permitting incoming calls to take focus or maintaining their ongoing focus. Existing users will experience no alteration in their behavior after the feature release, with incoming calls prioritizing focus over the application being used. New users will find that the default setting preserves the focus on the application in use when a call is received. Submit a request to Zoom Support to enable Incoming Call Notification Focus Control for your account.
Enhancement to Local Survivability
Admins can now configure multiple ELIN numbers to a Survivability instance. This allows ELIN numbers associated with different locations to be assigned to a single ZPLS-enabled site. Admins can also define an outbound caller ID with a BYOC number that will be used by users when making an outbound call in Survivability mode. This outbound caller ID will also be used by extension only users who will be allowed to make calls during Survivability mode. Submit a request to Zoom Support to enable ZPLS ELIN Pool and ZPLS Outbound Caller ID for your account.
Zoom Phone Local Survivability support
The following devices now support local survivability:
Automatic firmware upgrades
The following devices will receive new firmware upgrades. Devices will automatically reboot to upgrade the firmware.
- 445HD, 450HD, C450HD, RX50
- ATA 400, 402
- Edge B10, B20, B30
- T31G, T31P, T33G
- T43U, T46U, T48U
- T53, T53W, T54W, T57W, T58W
Zoom Phone supports the following devices. Account owners and admins can add these devices to the Zoom web portal as part of the provisioning process.
- ATA 400/402
Note: Those devices support fax, cloud failover, and assisted provisioning.
Emergency address validation
When entering an international address for an individual user or a site, the system will automatically validate the address to ensure accurate provision of emergency services.
- Minor bug fixes
- Security enhancement
- Resolved an issue where there were discrepancies between Usage and Adoption SMS dashboard data and weekly reports from the Subscription Center
- Resolved an issue when a call was on hold it dropped within 20 seconds
- Resolved an issue for compliance admin being unable to view SMS log details
- Resolved an issue where the Zoom Phone Appliance was unable to connect to Zoom Phone Local Survivability
- Resolved an issue where a subset of users were not receiving calls
- Resolved an issue where two calls were merging inadvertently
New and enhanced features
Simplified ticket form creation
A user-friendly UI has been developed to allow admins to easily create and manage form definitions without any coding knowledge or engineering support. Zendesk serves as the platform for previewing a set of forms, while Salesforce provides comprehensive support for form building.
Improvements to error handling for knowledge base sync
The improved error handling for knowledge base sync calls out individual issues and errors during syncs, reducing confusion and enabling users to promptly address specific problems.
Enabling pre-filling of Zendesk ticket forms
Pre-filling of ticket forms has been enabled using the information collected through global and local variables in bot flows. This eliminates the need for manual data entry, expediting the ticket submission process.
Enhanced CRM support for Salesforce and Kustomer
CRM agents can access chat transcripts from interactions with the bot, providing more accurate solutions and enhancing user satisfaction. This also reduces the likelihood of multiple tickets for the same issue.
Support for new query library
A new query library has been added to offer users improved methods for viewing and managing uploaded queries, enhancing query discoverability. This feature enables users to find and manage queries more easily, and quickly view and understand query statuses.
Improvements to bot flow navigation
The bot flow builder has been improved to provide a smoother and more effective flow-building experience. Enhancements include relocating the navigation bar for enhanced visibility, extending the zoom range for easy viewing of the entire flow, introducing new keyboard shortcuts for swift zooming, and enabling navigation using trackpad gestures and mouse actions to ensure smooth movement and zooming.
- Minor bug fixes
- Resolved an issue where changes weren't immediately published when coaching or adding new training phrases to an intent. Additionally, when the domain was trained and published, the intent status didn't update to Published but remained as Draft.
- Resolved an issue where the form would not submit if the email field did not adhere to the correct email format, and the customer attempted to submit it.
- Resolved an issue where a "Timeout of 50000ms exceeded" error message displayed when attempting to publish the Zoom Virtual Agent bot.
- Resolved an issue where users were unable to publish intent domain.
- Resolved an issue where certain intents migrated from Solvvy did not appear on the intent list but appeared on the workflows.
- Resolved an issue where the Condition widget value was too restrictive for URL field types.