Troubleshooting camera issues during a meeting
If your video is not showing up during a meeting, there might be issues with your device’s camera. The following steps might help you solve these issues.
If you’re experiencing video-related crashes, you might want to try troubleshooting steps for video crashes or you can also test your video before joining a meeting to ensure that it is working.
Prerequisites for troubleshooting camera issues during a meeting
- Zoom desktop client
- Zoom mobile app
How to troubleshoot Zoom camera issues during a meeting
Select a different camera
Your device might have more than one camera. If you are already in a meeting and are experiencing camera issues, using a different camera might help.
- While in a meeting, click the arrow next to Start / Stop Video.
- Select Video Settings.
- If your device has more than one camera, it will be displayed under Camera. Click the drop-down menu and select another camera.
Note: You can also select a camera by clicking the arrow next to Start / Stop Video and selecting a camera under Select a Camera (Alt+N to switch).
Ensure that Zoom can access your camera
Your device’s or security software might be preventing Zoom from accessing your camera. Allowing Zoom the proper access might solve your camera issues. The following common security software support pages provide details on how to allow camera access to applications like Zoom.
Uninstall and reinstall Zoom
- Run CleanZoom (updated November 30, 2023) to uninstall Zoom completely.
- In the download center, download and install the latest version of Zoom.
- Once installed, open the Zoom desktop client or mobile app and test for any recurring camera issues.
Contact Zoom Support
For additional troubleshooting, contact Zoom Support.