Changing business hours and overflow settings
Admins can change the following default business hours and overflow settings for extensions.
Note: If you have multiple sites enabled, you can only change these settings at the site level. If you have multiple sites disabled, you can only change these settings at the account level.
Prerequisites for managing default business hours and settings
- Pro, Business, or Education account
- Account owner or admin privileges
- Zoom Phone license
How to change default business hours and overflow
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal as an account owner or admin.
- In the navigation menu, click Phone System Management then Company Info.
- Follow one of these options depending on if you have multiple sites:
- If you enabled multiple sites: Click the name of the site you want to edit, then click the Settings tab.
- If you disabled multiple sites: Click Account Settings.
- In the Hours section, change these settings:
Default Business Hours: Click Edit to set the default business hours for phone users, Zoom Rooms, and common area phones. Phone users will be able to change their specific business hours from the default. You can also set business hours to span past 11:30 PM. This could be used for phone users that work night shifts.
Default Overflow for Business Hours / Default Overflow for Closed Hours / Default Overflow for Holiday Hours: Set the default overflow for business/closed/holiday hours for phone users, call queues, and shared line groups.
Forward to voicemail: Route calls to voicemail.
Allow callers to reach an operator: Allow callers to press 0 to reach the operator, or press 1 to leave a voicemail message. The operator can be set to any phone user, call queue, auto receptionist, or shared line group.
Default Holiday Hours: Click Set or Edit to designate certain days are holidays for all phone users, Zoom Rooms, common area phones, auto receptionists, call queues, and shared line groups. You can customize how calls are routed during holidays. For example, you could directly route calls to voicemail or play a custom message to tell the caller that the office is away on holiday.