Release notes for June 25, 2023
New and enhanced features
- User features
- Frames feature support
Users can add frames to their whiteboards to better organize and sequence content. With frames, users can add content, place frames on multiple pages, and create frames around existing content. While frames come in standardized sizes, they can also be adjusted to suit users' needs. Users will also have the ability to present their frames on a board & reorder frames in their outline in the presentation panel.
- Visual previews for hyperlinks
When a user adds a qualified URL/hyperlink as part of a rich text object, a preview card will be generated to provide a visual preview of the linked website. This new feature offers consistency with the behavior in Zoom Team Chat and makes it easier to understand the content of a URL without having to click through.
- Whiteboard refresh button
A refresh button has been added to the whiteboard interface, allowing users to refresh the whiteboard without having to close it during a meeting.
- Option to Leave Board from in-meeting dashboard
The Leave Board option has been added to the in-meeting dashboard interface. This feature enables users to disassociate from inappropriate or irrelevant boards more effectively.
New and enhanced features
- Administrator features
- Email compose with Zoom IQ for Sales
Account owners and admins can enable or disable users' option to use Zoom IQ to create follow-up emails directly from the Zoom IQ for Sales Deals page. This setting is available at the account level and is disabled by default. This feature is currently not available for users with External IQ Admin and Zoom IQ Collaborator roles.
- User features
- Support email compose with Zoom IQ for Sales
If enabled by admins, users can use Zoom IQ to create follow-up emails directly from the Zoom IQ for Sales Deals page. Compose with Zoom IQ allows users to generate a follow-up email from scratch or using prompts.
- Support scorecard deletion
Users can delete scorecards they have submitted, allowing them to remove incorrect or irrelevant scorecards.
- Enhancement to Deals detail page
Users can view the conversation summary and search by participants from the Deals detail page.
- Brief and extended meeting summary versions
From the Conversation detail page, users can view the meeting summary in brief or extended versions and select which summary type is viewable by default.
- Enhancement to meeting summary notification email
Email notification meeting summary availability has been enhanced to include relevant metadata such as time duration, customer, deal, and participants (especially external participants), a summarized version of the conversation in key chapter segments, identified next steps, mentioned indicators or topics with their frequency, and a convenient button to directly access the conversation within Zoom IQ for Sales.
- Minor bug fixes
- Security enhancements
- Resolved an issue where an internal server error would appear when exporting a list of Zoom IQ for Sales users
Note: The Incorporate Opportunity Team from CRM has been pulled from the release due to issues with deployment and will be available in another upcoming release.
For full notes including version numbers, please see the operating system release notes.
Windows | macOS | Appliances | Zoom Phone Appliances | iOS controller | Android controller | Windows attached controller | iPad
New and enhanced features
- General features
- Confidence monitor - Win, Mac
Zoom Rooms with multiple displays (2, 3, or 4) can designate one of them as a confidence monitor. If a fourth display is used, that display may only be configured as a confidence monitor. A display set as a confidence monitor may only provide a persistent self view or a view of the active speaker.
- Room controls enhancement - Win, Mac, iOS zrc
Room Controls now support USB-to-Serial adapters to connect to compatible RS-232 enabled devices.
- AI denoise improvements to microphone noise suppression in high mode - Win, Mac, Appliances
AI denoise improves background noise suppression and de-reverberation when a Zoom Room microphone is configured for noise suppression in high mode.
- Support for Production Studio - Win, Mac, Appliances, ZP appliances, iPad zr, iOS zrc, Android zrc, Win zrc, Web zrc
The host of a Zoom Events Webinar session can enable Production Studio and allow a producer to join. Zoom Rooms users will be able to watch and listen to the producer's video.
- Support for Zoom Whiteboard and Companion Whiteboard - iPad zr
iPad devices can be setup as companion whiteboards.
- Improvements to local sharing - Win, Mac, Appliances, iOS zrc, Android zrc, Win zrc, Web zrc
If Zoom Rooms users are sharing content locally and someone in the meeting begins to share content, the in-room users will be notified to choose the content they would like to see on the display. Users can also toggle back to the local content if necessary.
- Companion Zoom Rooms for Touch device (Beta) - Win, Mac, Appliances, iPad zr, iOS zrc, Android zrc, Win zrc, Web zrc
A Zoom Rooms for Touch device can be configured as a companion to an existing Zoom Room computer or appliance. This allows the Zoom Room to use the cameras of both devices, while only requiring one Zoom Rooms license.
- Default to numeric keypad when manually joining a meeting - Appliances, iPad zr, iOS zrc, Android zrc, Win zrc, Web zrc
Some organizations use numeric passwords for meetings and do not need a lettered keypad to appear by default when joining meetings manually. Administrators can toggle the type of keypad that is shown by default, so switching is not necessary when inputting passwords.
- Share key visibility - Win, Mac, Appliances, iPad zr
The size of the share key has been increased on the display.
- Smart Gallery support for three video streams at 720p for Logitech devices - Appliances
Logitech Rally Bar Mini, Logitech Rally Bar, and Logitech RoomMate devices using Smart Gallery can simultaneously stream three videos at 720p resolution.
- Multi-Camera support for multiple video streams at 720p for Logitech devices - Appliances
Logitech Rally Bar Mini and Logitech Rally Bar devices using Multi-camera mode can simultaneously stream three cameras at 720p resolution. Logitech RoomMate devices using Multi-camera mode can simultaneously stream two cameras at 720p resolution.
- Support Crestron BYOD screen share on USB-C with HD 260 - Win, Win zrc, web zrc
- Support for AI AEC for DTEN D7X - Appliances
- Support for Logitech Sight Camera with Logitech Zoom Rooms Appliances - Appliances
- Support for Jabra Panacast 50 VBS system - Appliances
- Support for Yealink A24 Collaboration Display - Appliances
- In-meeting features
- Intelligent director (Beta) - Win, Mac, iOS zrc, Android zrc, Win zrc, Web zrc
With Intelligent Director, Zoom’s software AI selects the best view of the in-room participants from the multiple input camera sources, increasing the potential clarity and resolution of the video streams displayed in the meeting.
- In-meeting chat updates - Win, Mac, Appliances, ZP appliances, iPad zr, iOS zrc, Android zrc, Win zrc, Web zrc
Zoom Rooms users will be able to edit messages after they have been sent from the room, and send reactions in chat. The reactions sent by others in chat will also be visible to the users in the room.
- Support for additional NDI output content types - Win, Mac, iOS zrc, Android zrc, Win zrc, Web zrc
Separate, dedicated outputs (with mixed audio) have been added for gallery view, and multi-spotlight/multi-pin groupings.
- USB microphone mute - Mac
Users joining Google or Teams meetings via direct guest join can use the hardware mute button on their HID-compliant USB microphone in addition to the button on the Zoom Rooms controller.
- Pause recording - Win, Mac, Appliances, ZP appliances iPad zr, iOS zrc, Android zrc, Win zrc, Web zrc
Zoom Rooms users can pause a meeting recording on the controller or touch display.
- Companion mode enhancements - Win, Appliances, iPad zr
Companion Whiteboards in a Zoom Room meeting will be displayed in the participant list nested under the Zoom Room’s entry, instead of as a separate entry.
- Meeting toolbar enhancements - Appliances, ZP appliances
- Management features
- Watermark location configuration - Win, Mac, Appliances, ZP appliances, iPad zr
Administrators can use the Zoom web portal to configure which position their watermark will appear in when using a single instance style during a meeting.
- Real-time statistics display - Win, Mac, Appliances, ZP appliances, iOS zrc, Android zrc, Win zrc, Web zrc
Administrators can use the Zoom Rooms controller or touch display to view real-time meeting and zoom phone statistics for audio and video. This includes codec, resolution, bitrate, jitter, latency, and packet loss.
- Disable automatic release for room check in - Win, Mac, Appliances, iOS zrc, Android zrc
Administrators can disable the room check in automatic release feature. Once disabled, the room will not automatically release its reservation/booking if a user fails to check-in.
- Under construction status - Appliances
Zoom Rooms that are set to under construction by administrators will display a notification on the main Zoom Room display.
- Controller features
- Support for Crestron Mercury, Mercury X and TSW-1060 devices as Windows-attached USB Zoom Room controllers (Beta) - Win, Win zrc
Crestron Mercury, Mercury X and TSW-1060 devices can be used as Windows-attached USB Zoom Rooms controllers, instead of as Zoom Rooms Android controllers. The devices require new firmware from Crestron and configuration to put them in the appropriate mode. These devices are only supported in this mode when used as part of a Crestron Zoom Rooms Windows PC kit. Consult the Crestron documentation for further details.
- Support for Jabra PanaCast TC controller - Android zrc
- Room controls in BYOD mode - iOS zrc, Android zrc, Win zrc, Web zrc
Devices in BYOD mode will be able to use room controls.
- Support for Logitech Tap IP, Logitech Tap USB motion sensors - Android zrc
Zoom Rooms controllers now support the motion sensors on Logitech Tap IP and Logitech Tap USB Zoom Room controllers These sensors will awaken the room during device operation time when motion is detected.
- Zoom for Home features
- Zoom for TV App for Sky Live Cam and Sony TV via Google Play Store - Appliance
Download the app from the Sky app store or Google Play store to use Zoom on Sky and Sony TVs.
- Personal Zoom Room PIN Management - Win, Mac Appliances, iPad zr, iOS zrc, Android zrc, Win zrc, Web zrc
Personal Zoom Room PINs can be managed from the web portal. Administrators can reset the PIN codes for all the devices they manage, and users can reset their own device’s PIN code.
- Calendar configuration and event updates - Win, Mac, Appliances, iPad zr
Updates to calendar configuration and events will appear on personal Zoom Rooms devices in real time. Users will not need to log out and sign back in to see the changes.
- Display synced cloud contacts - Win
Personal Zoom Rooms users will see their synced cloud contacts from Google/Office 365/Exchange displayed on their contact lists.
- Zoom Phone Appliances
- Zoom Phone appliance PIN management
Zoom Phone appliance PINs can be managed from the web portal. Administrators can reset the PIN codes for all the devices they manage, and users can reset their own device’s PIN code.
- Selective SLG Opt In and Opt Out on common area phones
Users can selectively opt in or out of a selected set of shared line groups via the Poly CCX when it's configured as a Common Area Phone (CAP). Users can also select any SLG on the Zoom Phone appliance interface and choose the CLID of that SLG to place outbound calls with that SLG’s DID/CLID information.
- Respond to incoming call with SMS
- Expansion Module Key Type support
Support for call park, call queue, SLA/SLG line appearance, intercom, and paging extension key type in the expansion module.
- Support for VIP Delegation
Administrators can enable this feature to allow only VIP users to contact another user.
- Sync User or Common Area Time Zone on client.
The time on the client is now automatically synchronized with the assigned user/common area.
- Ringtone Selection: set to silent
A silent ringtone that can be assigned to any type of inbound call
- Show caller ID details of last caller
- Zoom Whiteboard
- Sharing a companion whiteboard - Win, Appliances, iPad zr
Companion whiteboard users will see a message displayed on the whiteboard indicating whether or not the room is in a meeting. If the whiteboard content is not being shared, there will also be a prominent option to start content sharing.
- Minor bug fixes
- Security enhancements