Zoom installation error code 10002
This error occurs because of the following scenarios:
- The source link of the Zoom installer package is broken.
- Your antivirus software has quarantined files that have been downloaded by the Zoom installer.
- Your macOS desktop client fails to perform an auto-update.
How to fix the source link or antivirus software issue
Uninstall and reinstall Zoom
To fix this issue, you must reinstall Zoom.
- In the Windows search bar, search for "Control Panel."
- Click the Control Panel.
- If Control Panel is set to Category view, click Uninstall a Program. Alternatively, if View by is set to Large or Small icons, click Programs and Features.
- Select Zoom in the programs list, then click Uninstall.
- If prompted "Are you sure you want to uninstall Zoom?", click Yes.
- Once completed, download and reinstall Zoom.
If the issue persists, perform the following steps:
- Go to C:/Users/Username/AppData/Roaming/Zoom, locate the installer.txt file, then copy it.
Submit a request to Zoom Support and attach the installer.txt file.
How to fix the macOS desktop client auto-update issue
Devices running macOS 13 Ventura beta 5 or higher with Zoom desktop client versions 5.11.6 - 5.12.0 may encounter this error when updating the desktop client.
Install the latest version of the Zoom desktop client
To resolve the issue, visit the Zoom download center and manually install the newest version of the desktop client.
Note: IT deployments using a .plist file are unaffected.
Enable the Zoom toggle on the Login Items list
For a temporary workaround, you can run the following command to manually turn the ZoomDaemon on:
sudo launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/us.zoom.ZoomDaemon.plist
- When this restarts, it follows the “login items” settings; so the next auto-update may not work.
- Manual download/install also works as it contains load cmd.
To resolve this issue, on the Login Items list, ensure that you click the Zoom toggle to enable it.