Zoom installation error code 3000
Users may encounter installation error 3000 in the following situations:
- When a running process prevents the Zoom installer from overwriting a necessary file.
- After upgrading Zoom desktop client to any version between 5.11.0 and 5.11.11 while using an external keyboard.
How to troubleshoot installation error code 3000
Uninstall and reinstall Zoom
Try uninstalling and reinstalling Zoom on your device.
- In the Windows search bar, search for the Control Panel.
- Click Control Panel.
- If the Control Panel is set to Category view, click Uninstall a Program. Alternatively, if View by is set to Large or Small icons, click Programs and Features.
- Select Zoom in the programs list, then click Uninstall.
- If prompted to confirm the uninstallation, click Yes.
- Once completed, download Zoom from the Download Center and reinstall.
Run CleanZoom to remove Zoom completely and reinstall
To remove Zoom completely, including any configuration files, run CleanZoom on your device.
- Download and run CleanZoom (updated November 30, 2023).
Note: Use of the clean uninstaller will completely remove the Zoom desktop client, as well as the Zoom plugin for Outlook. The Outlook add-in, Chrome/Firefox extensions, and Google Workspace add-on are unaffected.
- Restart your computer.
- Once completed, download Zoom from our Download Center and reinstall.
Additional troubleshooting for installation error 3000
If removing Zoom from your device and reinstalling it did not resolve this issue, try the following steps:
- Reinstall Zoom client via MSI installer.
- If you’re using an external USB keyboard, such as Logicool K310 or COX CK450, remove or replace the keyboard.
For additional troubleshooting, submit a request to Zoom Support.