Zoom error message “There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive”
This error occurs when the Zoom application looks for a file path on your Windows machine that does not exist. This error typically occurs when joining or leaving a meeting.
How to fix it
Uninstall and reinstall Zoom
To fix this issue, you must reinstall Zoom.
- In the Windows search bar, search for "Control Panel."
- Click Control Panel.
- If Control Panel is set to Category view, click Uninstall a Program. Alternatively, if View by is set to Large or Small icons, click Programs and Features.
- Select Zoom in the programs list, then click Uninstall.
- If prompted "Are you sure you want to uninstall Zoom?", click Yes.
- Once completed, download and reinstall Zoom.
If the issue persists, submit a request to Zoom Support.