Zoom error message “The meeting has an unexpected error: Error code: 2008”
If you receive the message “The meeting has an unexpected error: Error code: 2008”, this means that the user does not have a webinar license or that the license is no longer valid.
How to fix it
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal as an account owner or admin.
- Click User Management, then Users.
- Locate or search for the user who you want to assign a license to.
- Click Edit at the end of the user row; this will open a window.
- Choose the Webinar License Type.
- After choosing the Webinar License, use the drop down to select the license.
- Assign add-ons by checking the boxes for the add-on. For Large Meeting, Webinar, or Zoom Events licenses, choose the radio button for the size of the license, if it is not automatically selected.
- Click Save.
The license is now applied to the user and they can use it immediately.