Release notes for March 26, 2023
New and enhanced features
- Support for Q&A in meetings
Hosts can enable the Q&A feature in meetings to allow participants to ask questions, which can be viewed by all, but only answered by the host and co-host.
- Minor bug fixes
- Resolved an issue where the Add watermark that identifies the viewing participant setting was not being enabled automatically when scheduling a meeting through the Zoom for G-Suite integration.
- Minor bug fixes
- Security enhancements
For full notes including version numbers, please see the operating system release notes.
Windows | macOS | Appliances | Zoom Phone Appliances | iOS controller | Android controller | Windows attached controller | iPad
New and enhanced features
- General features
- Webinar Session Branding - Win, Mac, Appliances, ZP Appliances, iPad zr, iOS zrc, Android zrc, Win zrc, Web zrc
Hosts can customize the appearance of the in-webinar experience by adding a wallpaper behind the video tiles, setting a common virtual background for all panelists, and providing name tags for each panelist. This requires version 5.14.0 or higher to use and/or view, but does not require this version to join the webinar.
- Enhancement to local content sharing - Win, Mac, Appliances, iOS zrc, Android zrc, Win zrc, Web zrc
If local HDMI content sharing is enabled, users that connect an HDMI cable to the Zoom Room during a meeting will be prompted to choose their content sharing preference: View Locally or Share to Meeting.
- Added support for updated Microsoft Teams web client - Mac
After Microsoft Teams update on March 17, 2023, Zoom Rooms for MacOS encountered issues joining Teams meetings. To resolve this issue, Zoom has enhanced the join process to match the updated Microsoft Teams web client.
- Improvement to pairing process - Win, Mac, Appliances, iPad zr
Desktop or mobile users will not be prompted for a passcode when pairing to a shared Zoom Room that has started a meeting.
- Display Chromium version in Settings - Win, Mac, Appliances, ZP Appliances, iOS zrc, Android zrc, Win zrc, Web zrc
The Chromium browser version is displayed in the settings menu on Zoom Rooms controllers and Zoom Rooms for Touch.
- Native room control enhancements - Win, Mac, Appliances, iOS zrc, Android zrc, Win zrc, Web zrc
Additional controls have been added to native room controls list.
- Added About section in settings for Zoom Rooms for Touch - Win, Appliances, ZP Appliances, iPad zr
Zoom Rooms for Touch users can find the About section by opening the settings menu.
- In-meeting alarm - Win, Mac, Appliances, iPad zr
Organizations can configure Zoom Rooms to set off alarms to notify staff they need to check on an issue. These alarms will not affect ongoing meetings.
- Contact list enhancement - Win, Mac, Appliances, ZP Appliances, iPad zr
Deactivated users will no longer be shown in contacts.
- Audio Framing for DTEN devices with Zoom Rooms controllers - Appliances
When using a Zoom Rooms controller with a DTEN me or DTEN on device, the microphone array setting page will display a toggle for Audio Framing.
- Support for Amazon Omni TV (European version) - Appliances
- Bluetooth audio output on Neat Frame devices - Appliances
If a user selects a Bluetooth device’s microphone as the audio input, the device’s speaker will be automatically selected as the audio output, and vice versa.
- Support for additional features on DTEN D7X 55” devices - Appliances
The following features are now supported: HDMI capture content share, Multi-focus mode, Multi-Camera mode, Multi-stream, bring your own device (BYOD) mode.
- Support for Yealink MeetingEye 500 - Appliances
- Support for DTEN D7X 75” devices - Appliances
- Digital signage setup enhancement - Appliances
Users can enter a pairing code to log in to a digital signage room, instead of using a Zoom Rooms controller or mouse.
- In-meeting features
- Flexible active speaker view - Win
When this view is enabled, active speaker view will be displayed when a remote participant speaks. Once the participant stops speaking for 15 seconds, the meeting will revert to gallery view or the background screen until another participant starts talking.
- Directional audio - Win, Mac, Appliances, Android zrc, Win zrc, Web zrc, iOS zrc
Zoom Rooms with stereo loudspeakers can emit participant voices based on their placement in the meeting window. For example, when a participant that is displayed on the left side of a gallery view speaks, that participant’s voice is emitted from the left room speaker. This is currently supported on single display Zoom Rooms when using Gallery or Immersive view. Supported appliance devices are Poly X50, Poly X70, DTEN Me, DTEN On, and DTEN D7x CC.
- In-meeting chat enhancements - Win, Mac, Appliances, ZP Appliances, iPad zr, iOS zrc, Android zrc, Win zrc, Web zrc
Meeting participants can view emoji reactions and reply in threads to in-meeting chat messages.
- Support for Speaker focus on select USB cameras - Win, Mac
Some USB cameras allow speaker tracking based on voice source. The following devices can use Speaker focus in a Zoom Room: Poly R30 and Studio USB.
- Support for 720p 60fps wired HDMI screen sharing - Mac
This option can be configured after enabling Optimize for video sharing on the room controller. Requires a wired HDMI sharing capture card supporting 60fps capture.
- Toggle full room view - Win, Mac, Appliances, iOS zrc, Android zrc, Win zrc, Web zrc
Users can toggle the full room video feed that appears next to Smart gallery video feeds.
- Hybrid meeting information - Mac, Appliances, ZP Appliances, iPad zr, iOS zrc, Android zrc, Web zrc
Participants can click the security shield icon to see the following text in a regular hybrid meeting: “You are connected to the Zoom Global Network via a data center controlled by your Zoom account owner”. Participants who click the shield icon in an internal hybrid meeting will see this text instead: “You are connected to a data center controlled by the host's account owner”. In either scenario, participants can click Learn More to learn about hybrid meetings.
- Recording disclaimer update - Win, Mac, Appliances, ZP Appliances, iPad zr, iOS zrc, Android zrc, Win zrc, Web zrc
Zoom Rooms participants will receive a recording disclaimer if a Zoom Phone audio only participant starts recording.
- Update to Show/Hide Non-Video Participants - Win, Appliances, ZP Appliances, iPad zr, iOS zrc, Android zrc, Win zrc, Web zrc
The Show/Hide Non-Video Participants option can be toggled from the View menu on the touch screen display or room controller.
- Update Scale to Fit behavior - Appliances, ZP Appliances
On android devices with a touchscreen, "Scale to Fit" will now default to on for Portrait mode devices in Active Speaker view. The Scale to Fit setting can also be toggled in-meeting and the default behavior can be configured out-of-meeting.
- Smart Gallery enhancement for Neat devices - Appliances
Neat bar Pro and Neat Frame devices can have up to three video streams at 720p when using Multi-stream mode.
- Support for Multi-share - iPad zr
If allowed, multiple participants can share content in the same meeting.
- Reactions for Zoom Rooms - Win zrc
Zoom Room users can send and receive reactions in meetings and webinars.
- Multi-pin and multi-spotlight - Win zrc, Web zrc
With host permission, users will now be able to pin up to 9 participants on their end. The host can also spotlight up to 9 participants for everyone in the meeting.
- Improvements to non-verbal feedback - Win zrc
Users who raise their hand in a meeting will have their feedback more prominently displayed in their participant window on the Zoom Room display.
- Management features
- Recurring meeting display time - Win, Mac, Appliances, ZP Appliances, iPad zr, Win zrc, Web zrc
Recurring meetings will now show start/end times on the Zoom Rooms display and controller. The meeting list can also be sorted by start time, and any recurring meetings without a set start time will be listed last.
- Room capacity - Win, Mac, Appliances, iPad zr, iOS zrc, Android zrc
Administrators can set a room capacity number that will be shown on the Zoom Rooms display and/or scheduling display. This will assist users who want to reserve a room for a specific number of people.
- Kiosk participant controls - iPad zr
Administrators can hide the following options on kiosks: Mute/Unmute, Video on/Off, View Participants.
- Disable phone controls - Win zrc, Web zrc
Administrators can disable or enable phone controls on Zoom Rooms controllers for rooms without 3rd party SIP or Zoom Phone entitlement. This setting can be disabled on accounts with an active audio plan.
- Scheduling display features
- Deleting reservations requires authentication - Win, Mac, Appliances, iOS zrc, Android zrc
When a user wants to cancel a reservation on a scheduling display, the user must be authenticated. A QR code will appear for authenticating the user. Only the user who made the reservation, or an assigned delegate of that user, can delete the reservation from the scheduling display. Previously, any user could delete reservations for a Zoom Room or reservation-only rooms on a scheduling display.
- Compact Theme for Scheduling Display - iOS zrc, Android zrc
Admins can now select a compact theme for their scheduling displays. This theme has smaller text to accommodate content that may be displayed via their background. In addition, the compact theme also allows admins to add a QR code via the admin portal.
- Controller features
- Government icon display update - Win, Mac, Appliances, iOS zrc, Android zrc, Win zrc, Web zrc
Zoom Rooms that join a meeting hosted by a government account will see the government icon displayed on the room controller.
- Improved participant sync time - Win, Mac, Appliances, iPad zr, iOS zrc, Android zrc, Win zrc, Web zrc
Participant information will be displayed more quickly on controllers after joining the meeting.
- STIR/SHAKEN checkmarks - Win zrc, Web zrc
Checkmarks will be displayed for all inter-company calls (ext to ext) regardless of country, all intra-company on-net calls (Zoom Phone customer A to Zoom Phone customer B) regardless of country, and inbound PSTN calls from US/CA numbers that have an A-level attestation.
- Zoom for Home features
- Display synced cloud contacts - Mac, Appliances, iOS zrc, Android zrc, Win zrc, Web zrc
Personal Zoom Rooms users will see their synced cloud contacts from Google/Office 365/Exchange displayed on their contact lists.
- Zoom Phone Appliances
- Hotdesk Enhancement for common area
Users can access common area phones and make calls without signing in.
- Restrict access to recordings by IP address
Zoom Phone administrators can add "IP address access control" for Phone recordings and voicemails to restrict the location from where users are able to download recordings.
- Respond to incoming call with Zoom chat message
Users can respond to an incoming call with a chat message if they are too busy to talk.
- Prevent users from blocking their caller ID
Administrators can prevent users from blocking caller ID on outbound calls.
- Interface improvement for on screen keypad DTMF commands
For devices that have no physical keypad, such as Poly CCX, users can press the keypad on the navigation menu during a call to be shown two options: new call, or in-call keypad. If users select in-call keypad, they can use DTMF commands.
- Voicemail option for common area devices
Administrators can configure the voice mail policy for common areas if the common area has Zoom Phone Pro license.
- Support for cloud paging
Administrators can create a group of members allowed to receive paging, and can also determine if an emergency page is allowed to interrupt a phone call in progress via settings. This is an account wide setting and the default is off (no interruptions).
- Support for Grandstream GXV3470 and 3480
- Zoom Whiteboard
- Sharing a companion whiteboard - Win, Appliances
Companion whiteboard users will see a message displayed at the top of the whiteboard screen indicating whether or not the whiteboard content is being shared in a meeting. If the whiteboard content is not being shared, there will be an option to start content sharing.
- End meeting save whiteboard prompt - Win, Mac, Appliances, iPad zr, iOS zrc, Android zrc, Win zrc, Web zrc
If a whiteboard has been created in a Zoom Room hosting a meeting, the meeting host will be prompted to save the whiteboard before ending the meeting if the whiteboard has not been previously saved.
- Minor bug fixes
- Security enhancements