Release notes for December 1, 2022
New and enhanced features
Export Deal and Conversation data into a CSV report
Admins can generate a CSV report in the Analytics tab that consists of Deal and Conversation data based on filters defined by the end user. Report can include the following:
- Conversation-level Information
- CRM Information
- Participant-level Conversational Metrics
- Topics and Indicators Mentioned
- IQ Usage Metrics
Additional auto-record options
Admins can configure the automatic recording settings to only record specific teams or members. When selected, all other IQ users not specified will have the auto recording turned off by default. The lock function will be valid for the entire account and enforce each team and user's corresponding setting. Previously, when Automatic recording for scheduled meetings with external participants was enabled, it was applied to the entire account.
Enhancement to Conversations mapping to CRM accounts
Enhanced mapping logic so users can continue to check CRM for opportunity matching based on a timeline rather than only checking for a match immediately after the meeting has ended.
- Minor bug fixes
- Security enhancements
- Resolved an issue where the selected language is not adapted to all Zoom IQ pages
- Resolved an issue where the Deal details page displays the Timeline average data as undefined
- Resolved an issue where the Indicator data does not display when Region-Based Content Storage and Access is disabled
- Resolved an issue where the conversation detail still shows matching result for a deleted indicator
- Resolved an issue where Zoom IQ on desktop client prompts user to sign in again after a period of inactivity
- Resolved an issue where admins can only search the Zoom IQ list of users with their set display name.
- Resolved an issue where non-CRM users cannot search the Conversation comment mention list and smart playlist.