Creating charts in Zoom Whiteboard
Users can create various visual representations using chart and graph tools. This feature supports a range of uses, including presenting information, summarizing decisions, assessing sentiment, and tracking project timelines — all directly within the interactive whiteboard.
Prerequisites for creating charts in Zoom Whiteboard
How to create charts in Zoom Whiteboard
- Create or open a whiteboard.
- On the toolbar on the left side of the screen, click the More Tools icon .
3. Click Chart then select from the available chart options:
- Bar Chart Vertical: This chart represents data with vertical bars, where the length of each bar corresponds to the value it represents.
- Bar Chart Horizontal: This chart is similar to the vertical bar chart, but the bars are displayed horizontally.
- Line Chart: This chart displays data points over a continuous line, often used to show trends or changes over a period.
- Pie Chart: This is a circular statistical graphic that is divided into slices to illustrate numerical proportions, where each slice represents a percentage of the whole.
- Drag and drop the selected chart to your preferred area on the whiteboard.
How to manage the Whiteboard chart
To manage the Whiteboard chart, click the chart and select one of the following actions:
Change the chart type
Select the chart and click the chart icon. The chart icon depends on the type of chart you have selected. Choose from other available chart types.
Edit the chart data
- Click Add Title and enter a display name for the chart.
- Under the Label column, modify the names of the labels.
- In the Series column, adjust the values of the series.
- Click the Add Column icon to add a new column to the right. This option is not available for Pie Chart.
- Toggle on the Label switch to display the label names in the chart.
- Toggle on the Value switch to reveal the values of the series.
Lock the chart
Select the chart and click the lock icon to lock the chart, preventing other users with edit access from accidentally modifying the chart data.
Select the chart and click the ellipsis icon to see more options:
- Copy: Copy the selected chart.
- Copy as image: Copy the selected chart and save them as an image file format.
- Paste: Place the copied chart somewhere else on the whiteboard.
- Duplicate: Make an exact copy of the selected chart.
- Copy Link to Object: Copy the hyperlink or URL of a selected chart which can then be shared or pasted elsewhere.
- Bring Forward: Move the selected chart up one layer.
- Bring to Front: Put the selected chart on the top layer.
- Send Backward: Move the selected chart back one layer.
- Send to back: Put the selected chart on the bottom layer.
- Save as Template: Save the selected chart as a template.
- Info: Show the creator and last editor of the selected chart.
- Lock: Lock charts to prevent other users with edit access from accidentally modifying the content.
- Delete: Delete the selected chart.