Release notes for November 19, 2023
New and enhanced features
- Event based support
A new support channel type has been created, emitting events that brands can listen to, allowing them to continue the support escalation process with their preferred CRM and UI. This feature caters to new front-end chat integrations and addresses the needs of brands that prefer not to utilize embedded-agent-chat capabilities.
- Improvements to Route To widget
The Route To widget has been improved to help streamline consumer navigation. Previously, users were required to click a button for redirection to a support channel, potentially introducing complexity, especially when only one option was available. To resolve this, when a single route exit is configured, the button is now optional, and the system automatically initiates the redirection to the support channel without the need for user interaction.
- Engagement form field enhancements
Consumers will no longer experience form field descriptions being truncated or cut off when admins use the WebSDK for engagement forms. Account owners and admins can now create longer, more descriptive form field help text without worrying about descriptions getting cut off or truncated unexpectedly. This provides a better form filling experience for consumers.
Note: The Third-party interface using Sunshine and Zoom Virtual Agent integration with Zoom Contact Center Phone Channel Service features have been pulled from release due to issues with deployment and will be available in another upcoming release.
New and enhanced features
- Swedish language support
The Zoom for Outlook add-in includes language support for Swedish.
- Enable auto-start Meeting Summary and Meeting Query
When scheduling a meeting in Outlook add-in, admins and hosts have the ability to enable auto-start for AI Companion questions, similar to Summary.
- Minor bug issues
- Resolved an issue where the Zoom for Outlook Add-in was unable to recognize a previously scheduled meeting. Users were experiencing a prompt to open a new window when scheduling a meeting via Add a Zoom Meeting. After signing in, the meeting was added, but accessing add-in settings and scheduling another meeting resulted in two different meeting IDs for the same Outlook event.
- Resolved an issue where the domain field in Outlook Web was consistently empty when adding a Zoom meeting link. Users had to manually type "ssodomoan" and "macquariegroup" each time.
Changes to existing features
- User performance report
The User Performance reports can now be accessed by Site admins. Previously only account owners or super admins could access this type of reports.
- End personal conference call once the originator drops
Account owners and admins no longer need to contact Zoom to enable the End personal conference call once the originator drops policy. The feature is now enabled by default for all accounts and allows to end personal conference calls automatically when the originator drops from the call.
- Hotdesk sign in
Accessing a hotdesk, either as a user or in a common area, no longer necessitates a restart, thereby decreasing the time required to initiate device usage.
- Voicemail timestamp during playback
Account owners and admins no longer need to contact Zoom to enable the voicemail timestamp feature for their IP phones. The feature is now enabled by default for all accounts. Voicemail being played back on IP Phones for users with UK or US/CA language will have a date and time when the voicemail was left
New and enhanced features
- Supported Grandstream devices
The following Grandstream Analog Telephone Adapters are supported. Account owners and admins can add desk phones to the web portal as part of the assisted provisioning process.
- GXW4200 v2 series (v1 is not supported)
- Admin features
- Enhancement to Common Area template
The common area template now allows account owners and admins, the option to route calls to voicemail and the ability to change the PIN code on common area phones. The feature allows admins to specify the following: Policy:
- Select Outbound Caller ID
- Voicemail Transcription
- Automatic Call Recording
- Call queues management in bulk
Account owners and admins can efficiently handle their call queues in large quantities. This enables them to swiftly allocate extension numbers, phone numbers, pickup codes, and members to multiple call queues simultaneously by importing a CSV file through the web portal. Admins can utilize this process to either add new call queues or update existing ones. Furthermore, admins can export a comprehensive list of their call queues to a CSV file.
- Shared line groups management in bulk
Account owners and admins can efficiently handle their shared line groups in large quantities. This enables them to swiftly allocate extension numbers, phone numbers, pickup codes, and members to multiple shared line groups simultaneously by importing a CSV file through the web portal. Admins can utilize this process to either add new shared line groups or update existing ones. Furthermore, admins can export a comprehensive list of their shared line groups to a CSV file.
- Lock Call Handling for end users
Account owners and admins can use the Allow users to edit call handling settings to restrict users from modifying their call handling setup. The feature can be disabled for the entire account, site, a group of users, or a specific user. The setting is enabled by default.
- Device features
- Certified devices
Zoom Phone supports the following devices. Account owners and admins can add these devices to the Zoom web portal as part of the provisioning process.
- Firmware upgrade
The following devices will receive normal new firmware upgrades. Devices will automatically reboot to upgrade the firmware:
- GXW4216v2, GXW4224v2, GXW4232v2, GXW4248v2
- CCX400, CCX500, CCX505, CCX600, CCX700
- Edge-E100, Edge-E220, Edge-E300, Edge-E320, Edge-E350, Edge-E400, Edge-E450, Edge-E500, Edge-E550
- T31G, T31P, T33G
- T31W, T34W
- Supported device features
The following devices support these features:
- All certified Poly: Call flip, Shared Line Groups conference call.
- Integration features
- SMS logging with the Microsoft Dynamics integration
Account owners and admins using the Microsoft Dynamics integration can enable the Auto Log SMS setting to record SMS conversations and allow their users to access them as required. Users can review the phone number, contact name, date, time, and content of each SMS conversation. Users can also manually sync to save their SMS if they are not already saved.
- Zoom Phone integration with Zendesk
Account owners and admins can allow their users to integrate Zoom Phone with Zendesk allowing them to access Zoom Phone functionalities directly within Zendesk. Admins will need to set up and configure the integration prior to their users being able to use it. Users will then be able to make and receive calls, send SMS, and use voicemail while working on a case in Zendesk.
- User features
- Emergency address validation
When entering an international address for an individual user in Italy or Spain, the system will automatically validate the address to ensure the accurate provision of emergency services. Note that if the address is not valid, a recommendation is provided to the end user. The following information is mandatory when submitting an address:
- Street name
- House number
- Minor bug fixes
- Resolved an issue where a subset of phone users was showing offline on the Windows client version 5.15.12
- Resolved an issue where calls from a subset of phone numbers were not showing on the dashboard