Zoom Contact Center email controls
Agents with a Zoom Contact Center Premium or Elite package can accept inbound email engagements and use email controls to interact with consumers via email.
This article covers:
Prerequisites for using email controls
- Agents, supervisors, or teams added to the Email queue can receive and respond to email engagements.
- The email notification pop-up notification appears for agents when the email queue has manual accept configuration.
How to access Zoom Contact Center email controls
- Sign in to the Zoom desktop client.
- Receive an email engagement.
When viewing the email engagement, you will have access to email controls.
- Agents can view assigned email engagements in the Active section in the Zoom
- Marking an engagement as Awaiting Reply makes the engagement inactive and moves it to the bottom of the Active list tagged as such.
- Supervisors can see Active Engagements > Email, sort by Status/Time In, and perform actions like viewing or copying engagement IDs.
- Displays end-consumer's name from email sender's display name.
- Shows time duration since assignment; turns into Awaiting Reply if marked so by the agent.
- Release: Release the active email engagement to the queue.
- Transfer: Transfer the active email engagement to another queue or agent. You will see a pop-up window where you can search for a queue or agent, then select one to transfer the chat to.
- Mark Awaiting Reply: Mark the email engagement as inactive. The use cases of this functionality are as follows:
- When the agent responds to an email engagement requesting additional information from the end-consumer, they can Mark the engagement as awaiting reply. Once an agent marks the engagement as awaiting reply, the engagement becomes inactive meaning that the agent would not be penalized for this time (i.e. it would not impact his handing time metrics after this point) and this would also free up agent capacity so that he can receive another engagement. The time for which an engagement can be inactive before it auto-closes would be configurable by the admins ranging from 12 hours to 120 hours (aka 5 days).
- So when an agent hits Awaiting reply he’d see the “Continue Engagement” button in the email composer. This would come in handy for the sales agents where they can further click the continue engagement button to proactively follow up with the end-consumer after a few days.
- The inactive engagement would stay assigned to the same responding agent for the configured amount of inactive time before it auto-closes. Meanwhile, if the end-consumer replies, when the agent is not signed in (for example on a vacation), then automatically the whole engagement would be assigned to a new agent based on the distribution configured by the admin i.e “Most Available”
- End engagement: End the active email engagement and enter the wrap-up duration.
The right-side panel contains the Profile and Engagement tabs.